By Shilpa Shastry
When you check a shirt in an apparel store and see threads hanging off of it or has a small hole, you don’t buy it as it’s not a quality shirt.
The same is true with the quality of content. You can conclude when content is no good. Your brain exhausts when a poorly-written article has grammatical or spelling errors. A low-quality video can strain ears or make you squint.
For your business to stay forever on the internet, you need to present high-quality content to the audience. It should engage them and create interest in your products or services.
So, how do you get website traffic, lead conversion, search engine rankings, and visibility in Google?
The popular answer you’ll hear is: “create quality content.”
Define, Create and Promote Quality Content
Following are a few points you need to keep in mind while writing a blog or an article:
- Know your audience. Your focus is to solve the problems which they are seeking online.
- Talk in their language. Readers will consider your advice when the content is engaging and thought-provoking.
- Write every day. Continuous improvement in your writing habits takes you far.
- Research good content & always have a backlog of content ideas. Go one step further by providing information that readers can’t find elsewhere.
- Be original and accurate. Think outside the box and be more creative.
- Write from personal experiences. When you add a personal touch to the article readers stick with you.
- Do thorough keyword research and SEO on your content. Keyword Planner, google trends can help you here.
- Check out your competitors on what they are writing and discussing with the audience. This helps in developing a content strategy.
- Writing irresistible titles people can’t help but click. Hubspot’s blog ideas generator is one such tool.
- Edit, Edit, Edit. Devote a lot of time in constructing a complete and exclusive content draft after draft.
- Do enough quality control. Pages having flashy advertisements, pop-ups, and banner ads put readers to discomfort.
- Provide outbound and inner links in your blog or to other useful resources so that readers stay longer on your website and go through them.
- Distribute your content via social media, email-marketing or re-marketing.
Quality Content Is a Self-Goal
Do you know a simple and compelling content focuses on the user and not the search engine?
Add your own flavor on the topics that are already covered by someone else. Thus, your unique selling point allows readers to take action on their problems as soon as they are done with reading.
See. That’s what I am doing. I am keeping it simple – making you read more!
Healthy Tips for Better Content Readability
People love to read “10 things not to do when you are in Ooty” when they pack their travel bags. “Experts’ Guide to Weight Loss” or “How to Remove Stretch Marks in 10 Days” makes you health conscious. “5 Easy tricks to write catchy titles” grabs your attention. “How to Double Your Income without Leaving the House” puts you on the edge of your seat.
Ah! you have already fallen for “A beginner’s guide ________” here.
Famous blogs like Neil Patel, Moz, Hubspot, Digital Deepak, ShoutMeLoud and so on provide you tips and tricks on content creation. To surmise:
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short even if it is a 2000 words blog.
- Font Size 16 is easy to read on any device.
- Familiar words or carewords like cheap flights, budget hotels, quick recipes attract readers.
- Use the active voice.
- Put your most important information first. Follow the inverted pyramid ideology.
- Break the content into headers, sub-headers, conclusion, and call for action. 80% of users just scan the content. Only 20% read in detail.
- Listing the content is more attractive to the eyes.
- Use Images and videos as they serve as great visual aids. Tools like Canva can aid you.
- Use tools like Grammarly and Hemingway to improve your content.
- Streamline your page’s loading time; Your page should be fast.
- You must have a call to action(CTA) in every post. This might be asking the readers to comment, sign up for a newsletter, or buy a product.
- Mention about influencers and their stories in your article.
In this 21st century, users are so hungry for content, they quickly decide whether your website provides them food or they should move on.
“Quality means hitting that sweet spot in the consumer’s heart. You know the one – where someone has a flutter of “the feels” after watching or reading a piece of content and it resonates in some manner.” – Ben H.Rome, marketing manager, American Industrial Hygiene Association
Imagine how many times in a day, content-heavy websites update and trend – news articles, images, videos, blogs, polls, and many more. These websites feed the hungry lion, i.e, the readers.
So, when someone asks what you want for dinner, tell them content!
No, you are not wrong! Believe me.
As the internet space is growing, everyone wants their share of web presence. It’s high-quality content and a solid SEO strategy that helps to stay ahead in this digital era.
Creating quality content is the most cost-effective way to build and promote your brand. So, is your business making the best use of such an awesome marketing strategy?
Tell me in the comments below.